10 Quick Tips to Stop Stress
Stress can be found everywhere. Work, relationships, the weather, your health, and your finances can each be a source of stress. These things aren’t stressful in themselves, but we create stress by the way we interpret them. There are many ways to create stress. There are also many ways to combat stress.
Considering how miserable stress can make life, the time you spend learning to combat stress is time well-spent. Be patient and try several possible solutions.
Try these quick and easy ways to lessen the stress you experience each day:
- Have a good laugh. Laughing is the perfect antidote to stress. You feel better physically and mentally after a good laugh. Keep a book of jokes handy or find a humor-related website for a quick pick-me-up.
- Get religion. Many people find that their religious beliefs and activities relieve their stress. If you don’t attend church regularly, reconsider. Find a religion that suits you and participate.
- Have a quick nap. A nap resets your brain and refreshes you. Experiment with the duration of your naps. There’s no best solution for everyone. You’ll likely find that napping for too long leaves you feeling groggy and grumpy. Find the sweet spot.
- Meditation is simple but requires practice to be effective. Meditation and mindfulness are both extremely popular topics. With countless books and websites dedicated to these topics, you’re sure to find an excellent resource.
- Spend time with a pet. Studies have shown that contact with a pet greatly reduces stress and anxiety. Some pets are better than others for stress relief. You might find that a dog or cat is more conducive to relaxing than a pet tarantula, but it’s up to you to determine what works for you.
- Write in your journal. If you don’t have a journal, get one. A simple notebook works as well as anything else. When you’re feeling anxious, pull out your journal and write about your feelings. It might seem silly, but writing is an effective way to get negative thoughts out of your head. Try it and see how much better you feel.
- Take a walk. All you need to take a walk is a pair of shoes and perhaps an umbrella. Walking is free, good for you, and a great way to beat stress. Find a way to fit a couple of walks into your routine. You’ll be happy with the results.
- Breathe deeply. The trick is to take slow, deep breaths and focus on your breathing. The combination of altering your breathing and taking your mind off your challenges is like magic. Take a slow breath, hold it for two seconds, and then release it slowly. Do that 10 times while concentrating on the process.
- Listen to music. Music is a highly effective way to alter your emotions. With the right choice of music, you can make yourself feel happy, sad, energized, or angry. Choose your music wisely and keep it handy.
- Make a list of solutions. You get stressed because you worry about the future. Instead of worrying, make a list of ways to deal with what is bothering you. You’ll be less stressed if you concentrate on what you can do to resolve your challenges.
Stress is bad for your physical and mental health. You don’t have to suffer with stress. There are many ways to combat the physical and mental effects that stress creates. Have a few tools that you can call upon when you experience stress. With time, you’ll find the tools that work the best for you.
Looking for more help with Stress Reduction.
Check out the RiversZen Online Course, Stress Sucks. Offering both education and ongoing support through RiversZen Online Community Facebook Group.
Click Here For More Information on Stress Sucks